REPORTS TO: Assistant Director
STATUS & WEEKLY HOURS: Part time- 10-12 hrs a week (50 hours a month)
Rate: $25-30/hr. depending on experience
START DATE: Dec 1, 2023
What we’re all about:
Tribe 12’s mission is to connect people in their 20s/30s to Jewish life and community in Philadelphia today so they will choose to stay connected tomorrow. Our programming includes social events, matchmaking services, an LGBTQIA+ community, affinity groups called Tribes, a Fellowship for entrepreneurs, and much more. We’re also intentional about being a true community resource, sharing community events on our website for the 20s/30s community and referring people to opportunities outside of Tribe 12. Our vision is that every person should have a path to finding others like them, creating their own meaningful experience with Judaism, and building Jewish community in our city – or wherever they may go. Tribe 12 is well-established as a non-profit in Philadelphia with more than fifteen years of experience centered exclusively on people in their 20s/30s and over 2,500 unique participants in our programming each year.
How you’ll contribute:
A key position at Tribe 12, this position works with the program team to help constituents become and stay engaged and keeps on the pulse of the community and Tribe 12’s image. As our Engagement Associate, you will be meeting with individuals and representatives of organizations one-on-one for outreach and networking, developing and running events for a Jewish community of 20s and 30s in Philadelphia, working with volunteers and providing communications and marketing support.
One-on-one Relationship Building (30%)
- Meet one-on-one with people in their 20s/30s, especially people who are new to Tribe 12 or Philadelphia (one to three meetings a week – virtual or in person)
Developing, Executing, and Attending Events (40%)
- Plan, design, and produce events (about one a week) for 20s/30s in Philadelphia’s Jewish community.
- Attend events planned by other staff or lay leaders to engage participants
- Work one to two nights a week and occasionally on weekends with a schedule you design
Working with Volunteers (10%)
- Manage volunteers and help them run their own events and interest groups
- Oversee the 20s Tribe (affinity group), recruiting lay leaders and supporting them in programming
Communications and Marketing Support (10%)
- Assist operations/communications associate with Tribe 12’s online presence
- Use our CRM (SalesForce) to track all programming and meetings
- Market your own programs using social media and individual outreach
Serve as a part time member of the Tribe 12 staff (10%)
- Attend staff meetings 1-2 times a month if your schedule allows.
- Attend large scale Tribe 12 programs approximately once a month.
Additional and/or modified responsibilities may be developed according to organizational needs by agreement of both parties.
What you’re all about:
- You gain energy from being around people, are radically welcoming, and genuinely enjoy being in social environments
- You find meaning in helping people build community, grow into their best selves, and develop their Jewish identities, whatever that may mean to them.
- You believe in developing organizational partnerships to strengthen the fabric of a vibrant Jewish community in Philadelphia
- You feel passionate about cultivating an environment in which people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed and can thrive
- You’re detailed, meticulous and thorough (you feel a special joy when you find a typo in an email blast!)
- You have a strong work ethic and hold yourself to a high standard of practice
- You’re a creative thinker with a million great ideas for events, and you also can point to examples of times when you’ve effectively executed on your big ideas in the past
- You regularly use and are comfortable with social media tools like Instagram and Facebook and enjoy trying out new technologies
- You believe Judaism is relevant, important and can hold meaning for 20s/30s and for you personally
Life at Tribe 12:
- It’s seriously fun to work at Tribe 12! We’re intentional about company culture and work-life balance and integration.
- Our twelve “core values” (“There is a Jewish community for everyone” and “Act as guides, not authorities”, for example) ground us and inform our work on a day to day basis
- We work collaboratively out of The Weitzman National Museum of American Jewish History in Old City, Philadelphia, where there are many opportunities for networking and professional development
- We’re a small team who dive head first into challenges. We start with why when approaching new ideas, we aren’t afraid to try new things and fail fast, and we pick up slack when someone needs extra support
- We use the latest technology to be an efficient team and stay relevant to our demographic. On a typical day, you might use Slack, Eventbrite, Salesforce and the Google suite to communicate and stay organized.
Support from Tribe 12 will include:
- Project budget and well as coffee date budget
- A budget of up to $250 for Consultant’s professional development and to attend networking opportunities
- Supervision and guidance from Tribe 12 senior staff
- Marketing and logistics support from Tribe 12 staff
Tribe 12 is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe cultural fit doesn’t mean culturally identical and that diversity of thought helps us to challenge one another to think big and think differently. We serve an array of people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and personal experiences and strive to build a team that is representative of that community. We encourage applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Please send resume and cover letter to Amanda Davidowitz at firstname.lastname@example.org