What we’re all about:
At Tribe 12 (tribe12.org), our mission is to connect people in their 20s/30s to Jewish life and community in Philadelphia today so they will choose to stay connected tomorrow.
Our programming includes social events, matchmaking services, an LGBTQIA+ community, affinity groups called Tribes (an a capella choir, fantasy football league and performing arts group to name just a few), a Fellowship for entrepreneurs, and much more. We’re also intentional about being a true community resource, hosting an online community calendar at gobejewish.com and referring people to opportunities outside of Tribe 12. Our vision is that every person should have a path to finding others like them, creating their own meaningful experience with Judaism, and building Jewish community in our city – or wherever they may go.
Tribe 12 is well-established as a non-profit in Philadelphia with more than twenty years of experience centered exclusively on people in their 20s/30s and over 2,000 unique participants in our programming each year.
How you’ll contribute:
- Strategy (20%)
- Create, lead and maintain strategy for all our communication efforts
- Maintain Tribe 12’s brand identity across programs and platforms
- On a regular basis, identify, analyze and report on trends in our data to guide your communications efforts and inform our programming
- Acquisition (20%)
- Increase brand awareness to help new people find our community through social media ads and other avenues
- Create and manage a rich content calendar of social media content, blog posts and event campaigns
- Create promotional materials and infographics using Canva or a tool of your choice
- Cultivation (30%)
- Keep current constituents informed about what is going on at Tribe 12
- Design and launch email marketing campaigns
- Supervise and improve processes around personal invitations
- Take the lead on updating, improving and marketing gobejewish.com, our free community calendar for 20s/30s in Philadelphia’s Jewish community, to guide current constituents to opportunities outside of Tribe 12
- Networking and event staffing (20%)
- Staff Tribe 12 events when requested by a colleague or as is relevant to your work
- Become an expert in Philadelphia’s Jewish community by meeting with professionals working at other Jewish organizations
- Network in other communities in Philadelphia to increase brand awareness and identify potential partnerships
- Administrative (10%)
- Maintain and improve the user experience of our website in consultation with our web developer
- Other administrative tasks that each staff member is required to take part in like data entry and budget management
The specifics of this role are subject to change as the needs of the organization shift naturally over time. This Communication Associate reports to Tribe 12’s Assistant Director.
What you’re all about:
- You have digital acumen and can use your experience to learn new tools quickly and find the next thing we should be using. Bonus points if you’re familiar with some of what we already use — Salesforce, Soapbox Engage, Airtable, WordPress, MailChimp, Canva, the Google suite, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- You are an early adopter and trendspotter in spheres like tech, media and design
- You love playing with data and prefer to follow the numbers to inform decisions rather than do things “because that’s how they’ve always been done”
- You have an eye for the 20s/30s aesthetic and experience with or an interest in design
- You have an active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices
- You are a people person at heart and are as excited about the idea of being part of a community as you are about the work itself
- You are comfortable being a big player on a small team, working independently to set and meet your own goals in pursuit of a larger vision
- You feel passionately about cultivating an online and in-person community in which people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences feel welcomed and can thrive
- You believe Judaism is relevant, important and can hold meaning for the current generation of 20s/30s and for you personally
- 1-3 years of relevant experience suggested
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
Life at Tribe 12:
- It’s seriously fun to work at Tribe 12! We’re intentional about company culture and work-life balance – it’s not uncommon to see “mandatory staff fun time” listed in our calendar and we value and encourage concepts like mental health days and disengaging from communication when not at work.
- We work collaboratively out of WeWork, an accessible co-working space in Center City Philadelphia, where there are many opportunities for networking and professional development
- Our twelve “core values” (“There is a Jewish community for everyone” and “Act as guides, not authorities”, for example) ground us and inform our work on a day to day basis
- We’re a small team who dive head first into challenges. We start with why when approaching new ideas, we aren’t afraid to try new things and fail fast, and we pick up slack when someone needs extra support
Compensation and benefits:
- This is a full-time position with a salary range of $36,000-$42,000. Final salary offer will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
- An additional annual stipend of $3,000 is provided in monthly installments to cover the cost of individually-purchased health insurance
- Every Tribe 12 staff member receives a financial allotment for their own professional development which can include travel to conferences or events of their choosing
- We have flexible hours and, to balance our evening and weekend work, typically take Fridays as a flex day
- Meals or coffee are covered when you are out for work
- We have a flexible vacation, holiday and sick leave schedule that you work out with your supervisor
- The ability to work from home may be granted after three months at Tribe 12 with supervisor approval
Our hiring process and timeline:
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled
- We will begin scheduling phone and in-person interviews to take place the weeks of June 10th and June 17th with up to three total interviews for the selected candidate
- You may be asked to complete a creative or in-person assignment before an interview
- We would like to have our new team member start anytime after June 17th, 2019
- To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and 1-2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tribe 12 is an equal opportunity employer. We serve an array of people from a variety of backgrounds, identities, cultures and personal experiences and strive to build a team that is representative of our diverse community. We encourage applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.