Philly Job Board
Cookie Decorator at Frosted Fox Cake Shop (seasonal)
If you’re looking to pick up some holiday hours, Frosted Fox Cake Shop is looking for YOU. Tuesdays through Saturdays, 10am-2pm. Inquire within or email: email@example.com.
Remote, Part-Time Administrative Assistant at a Center City Synagogue
A Center City Synagogue is seeking a primarily remote, part-time administrative assistant to help her and the Rabbi out with tasks. The job will pay between $18 – 20 per hour.
Responsibilities will include updating the website; preparing weekly online newsletter; preparing weekly & special announcements; responding by phone and email to requests for information about services and special events; formatting promotional materials; handling logistics for special events.
The position requires a B.A. degree; at least one year comparable experience; thorough familiarity with synagogue operations and Shabbat/holiday protocols; fluency in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel); excellent communication skills. Must be adaptable and willing to learn; pay exceptional attention to detail; available for prompt turnaround time particularly on Thursdays; able to interact well with a variety of people.
To apply: email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Several positions at JEVS
Social Media Contractor for Office of VSA and Accessibility
Director of Residence Life at Temple University
Several positions at Fab Youth Philly
Operations Manager at Philadelphia Hebrew Public Charter School
Several positions at JCC Kaiserman
Hebrew School Teacher at Temple Brith Achim
Seeking a dynamic and creative fourth grade teacher on Sundays from 9 -11:30 for Judaica and 12 – 1:30 for Hebrew who enjoys sharing their love of Judaism with children. The Judaic curriculum focuses on the Prophets, Life Cycle and being partners with God to repair the world. The Hebrew curriculum is focused on ability to read especially the prayers. Our goal is to develop a positive, Jewish identity by building positive, Jewish memories. Our program is project-based, interactive, engaging and geared to making Judaism relevant to their every day lives. Temple Brith Achim is a Reform synagogue in King of Prussia, Pa. Interested individuals should call Sharon Forman-Toll at 610 337-2820
Several positions at Main Line Family Law Center
Salon Assistant at Pageboy Hair
Are you an individual with a positive attitude looking to start or enhance your career in the beauty industry?? Does the idea of being part of a talented, fun and high energy “TRIBE” appeal to you? Pageboy Hair, an award winning salon, is currently interviewing GREGARIOUS, ENERGETIC team members for our Salon Assistant Program!!! Benefits include: Career Path Advancement One on One Mentoring Competitive Compensation Bonus Options In Salon and Outside Education Retail Discounts on the most Luxurious Products in the Industry Supportive Salon “Tribe” …and much more!!! Some responsibilities include having impeccable guest interaction, shampooing guests, applying color, blow drying guests, rebooking guest appointments, attending salon education and most importantly, willingness to learn outstanding skills in the craft of hairstyling! If you possess the above skills, along with being an organized, reliable individual with an absolute passion for beauty and fashion and are looking for a future in the hair industry… We want to get to know you!! Please email your cover letter and resume today to Nikki@pageboyhair.com to be considered for this amazing opportunity!
Reverse Commute Transportation Manager at The Philadelphia Unemployment Project
The Philadelphia Unemployment Project has an opening for a Manager for our innovative reverse commute program, Commuter Options. The program provides car pooling opportunities for inner city workers to travel to suburban employment. The Manager is responsible for the operation of the program, including working with commuters and employers to initiate car pools and make sure that the pools are efficient and meet the needs of the workers participating in them. This is a hands-on position, working directly with commuters and employers. It is an important service which we are working to expand to more inner city workers. With employment opportunities more spread out than ever and over half of lower income city residents without cars, it meets a critical need in the city of Philadelphia. Requirements- BA preferred, at least three years experience in social services, transportation or community work. Commitment to economic justice.. Competitive salary, excellent benefits, vacations, fully paid health insurance, 403 (b) pension program. Send resumes to JDoddsPUP@aol.com. Philadelphia Unemployment Project, 112 N. Broad St. 11th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19102 www.Philaup.org
Several positions at MOM's Organic Market
Several positions at Women Against Abuse
Several positions at the Franklin Institute
Several positions at the Philadelphia Youth Sports Collaborative
Several positions at Macquarie
Kitchen Assistant at PALM Senior Center (part-time)
Kitchen Assistant needed to work at the PALM Senior Center, 117 Ardmore Avenue, Ardmore. This position will assist the Kitchen Manager with lunch including setting up already prepared food, serving lunch to members and cleaning up after lunch. The PALM provided services, programs, life-long learning classes and lunch to Seniors in our community. Part-time Position: 11am to 1:30 pm 5 days a week. Hourly rate: $10.00. If interested contact Joyce Mosley at email@example.com
Travel Counselor at Gil Travel Group
Are you detailed oriented? Great customer service skills? Computer savvy? The Gil Travel Group is looking for a travel counselor to work in our Birthrights air department. We will teach you everything you need to know. Write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several positions at Walnut Street Theatre
Mediation Program Coordinator at Center for Resolutions
Center for Resolutions (Media) seeks candidates for the position of Mediation Program Coordinator
Center for Resolutions (CFR) started offering mediation services in 1981. In addition to mediation, CFR now offers conflict coaching, facilitation, school programs, customized workshops, and conflict resolution trainings for children and adults. Our Youth Aid Panel (YAP) Program, a diversionary program for at risk youth, currently operates in over 25 municipalities in Delaware County. We have approximately 40 volunteer mediators who play an integral role in sustaining our programs. Job Description The Mediation Coordinator will manage all facets of mediation and conflict resolution services to Delaware County residents, schools, district courts, municipalities, and agencies; as well as manage a cadre of volunteer mediators. The Coordinator will lead trainings and collaborate with co-trainers to develop workshops and trainings on an as needed basis for schools, businesses and organizations. The coordinator will perform outreach/presentation on an on-going basis. The right candidate will be an independent, self-starter who is passionate about alternative dispute resolution and enthusiastic about bringing new and fresh ideas to the program. This position will be 30 hours per week, with some flexibility. Key Areas of Responsibility Administering Mediation Program
- Interview disputants
- Qualify disputants as candidates for mediation
- Schedule Mediations
- Manage records of intake calls and mediation sessions
Managing Volunteer Mediation Program
- Recruit volunteer mediators
- Oversee apprentice program
- Plan and develop continuing education for volunteer mediators
- Identify organization and target markets for mediation services
- Maintain on-going relationships with district justices, DA’s office, police departments, and other agencies.
- Network with community organizations
- Public speaking/presentations
- Collaborate with YAP Coordinator on current and new trainings
- Co-train with CFR staff and sub-contractors
- Develop new training courses
- Maintain databases for mediation and training programs
- Handle mediation forms
- Register CLE credits for attorneys and CEU credits for Social Workers
- Market training with guidance from marketing consultant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365- Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Knowledge of Constant Contact desirable, but not necessary
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Effective leadership skills
- Comfortable working with individuals in conflict
- Ability to interact with individuals from different ethnic, socio-economic, and religious backgrounds
- Good with kids
- Passionate about helping others
- College degree preferred, but not required if candidate has extensive experience related to mediation
- Basic Mediation Training and mediation experience a must
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
- Must have own transportation for off-site trainings
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Please submit a resume to Paul Summers, Ex. Director, at psummers@center4resolutions.
Enrollment Management Administrative Assistant at Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy (part time)
Several positions at Children's Literary Initiative
Several positions at Bryn Mawr College
Museum Store and Box Office Associate at NMAJH
Learn more here.
Several positions at Vetri Community Partnerships
Several positions at Helium Comedy Club
Development Coordinator at Good Shepherd Mediation Program (part-time)
The Good Shepherd Mediation Program (GSMP), Philadelphia’s only neighborhood justice center, is seeking a part-time Development Coordinator. This position has the potential to grow into a full-time position. Our mission is to empower Philadelphia community residents to creatively search for meaningful and lasting solutions to their conflicts without resorting to crime or violence. The Development Coordinator will be responsible for developing positive relationships with grant foundations, corporate foundations, individual donors, and other strategic partnerships, marketing and communications, and raising funds through donations, special events, and social media strategies. The right candidate will have a BA/BS degree with CFRE preferred, and: minimum of 3-5 years of fundraising experience with direct responsibility for a variety of fundraising strategies for a diversified funding base strong strategic ability, financial acumen, management skills, and an ethical approach to work a competent and natural leader who can convey confidence, build relationships and represent GSMP in the community solid connections to the Philadelphia corporate and foundation communities demonstrated success in individual, corporate and foundation giving, event planning with corporate sponsorships, and donor cultivation a self-starter with high energy, positive attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products, fundraising software (Donor Snap preferred) and the ability to learn new computer applications, and strong ability to work as a team member and handle conflict constructively Interested candidates should submit a Curriculum Vitae and writing sample to email@example.com. Good Shepherd Mediation Program 2000 Hamilton Street Suite 301 Rodin Place Philadelphia, PA 19130 215-843-5413 www.phillymediators.org
Per Diem Prep Cook at J2Food
J2Food (Tribe 12 Fellowship class of ’16) is looking to bring on a per diem prep cook for both NYC and/or Philly. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several positions at the Mazzoni Center
Front and back of house positions at Chez Ben
The PM Food & Drink Innovation Group is opening a new restaurant and bar in Old City Philadelphia in Q1 2018. We are recruiting for all Food and Beverage positions – Full Time & Part Time – Front of House & Back of House!!! If you are fun, energetic and have a Food and Beverage background we want you to be part of our opening team!!! Any interested candidates can apply via our website at www.pmhotelgroup.com or email their resume to ChezBen401@gmail.com – be sure to include what position you are interested in!!!
Several positions at Sustainable Business Network
Paid internship in content management at CampusESP
CampusESP, a Philly-based EdTech startup, is hiring a new content management intern. CampusESP provides strategic, curated content to parents and families to help them better advise their student. Think social-media-platform-meets-
JOB DESCRIPTION We are looking for a talented and driven content manager to join our team. You will be responsible for creating, sharing and maintaining content that is sent out to more than 200,000 users and has an open rate of more than 60%. Our ideal candidate is a college student or graduate with demonstrable writing skills. If you have creative ideas about how to engage our audience online, ensure brand consistency and a positive customer experience, we’d like to meet you. If you are interested in higher ed or entrepreneurship, or better yet both, we REALLY want to meet you. Responsibilities include but are not limited to…
– Create, schedule and publish engaging content for more than a dozen campus accounts
– Follow industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics
– Manage our editorial calendar to ensure timely publication
– Monitor portal traffic and user engagement metrics (e.g. click-through rates, conversions and bounce rates)
– Identify gaps in our content and recommend new topics Qualifications
– Excellent writing skills
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
– Work experience in content management, journalism, marketing, PR, or related fields
– Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
– Basic knowledge of SEO, engagement and other web traffic metrics
– Ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage your own schedule
– Willingness to work hard, be strategic, and do the right thing for the business
WHAT ELSE? Glad you asked. If learning the ins and outs of entrepreneurship, creating content for more than 200,000 users, and helping a small startup grow sounds exciting to you, we want to hear from you. Please include a resume and brief writing sample along with your application to email@example.com . Other perks include: $15/hr pay. Flexibility to make your own schedule working 5-10 hours per week. Hanging with the team at Pipeline Philly, our awesome coworking space right across from City Hall.
Several positions at the Science Center
Theater Staff at Bryn Mawr Film Institute (part-time)
Pet sitter at Creature Comforts Pet Sitting
Creature Comforts Pet Sitting is an established, reputable pet sitting company founded in 1997 to provide phenomenal, loving care to Main Line pets. We are looking for new sitters to join our amazing team of pet lovers!
**We have multiple OPEN positions across our Eastern Main Line serving area. All positions start as part time and can remain so or can steadily build to full time.
Position 1 – Pet sitter/dog walker for Gladwyne – must live in or within 7min of Gladwyne to qualify
Position 2 – Pet sitter/dog walker for Haverford/Ardmore – must live in or bordering this area
Position 3 – Pet sitter/dog walker for Villanova/Bryn Mawr – must live in or bordering this area
Position 4 – Pet sitter/dog walker for Penn Valley/Narberth/Merion/Bala Cynwyd – must live in or bordering this area
Below are the requirements to be considered as a professional pet sitter with us:
– Have a passion for working with animals. You are not just looking for “a job” but are specifically wanting to work with animals long term.
– Own a reliable, insured vehicle
– Live on or bordering the Eastern Main Line.
– Have a very open, flexible schedule. Availability is required for midday dog walking Mon.-Fri. as well as other time frames on an as needed daily basis.
– Availability to work weekends and holidays as needed.
– Be looking for LONG TERM work. You should not already have an end in sight due to a move, school, another job, etc. Commitment of at least 1 year required.
– Be very physically fit. This job requires a lot of walking as well as handling strong dogs.
– Be very detail oriented. We don’t just “walk the dog”. We’re handling feeding, meds, bringing in mail and paper, rotating lights, setting out trash, watering plants, etc. These tasks need to be remembered and tended to reliably.
– Have excellent customer service skills that will shine through in both your note writing and when meeting with clients.
– Have a very strong work ethic, show passion and enthusiasm for your work, rarely call out, and be extremely reliable.
**We are also highly in demand for live in house sitting. Those qualified applicants who can also provide this service on an as needed basis will receive preference.
If you meet the above criteria, please visit our website at www.creaturecomfortspetsitting.com. Review all services we provide and be sure you’d be able to perform all of them. Then fill out the application at www.creaturecomfortspetsitting.com/employment. I will respond to any who seem qualified. **I do not consider resumes without the application also being filled out. If you have any questions before filling out the application, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Coach (part-time)
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: email@example.com
National Able Network, a dynamic and growing nonprofit agency specializing in the provision of innovative employment and training programs, has an immediate opening for an experienced social service professional to assist with the administration of National Able Network’s Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) in the state of Delaware. Reporting to the Program Manager for Delaware SCSEP, incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of program administration within his/her assigned geographical area including participant recruiting, assessment, training, and placement as well as host agency relations and community outreach activities for the program and the agency. In addition, he/she will supervise participant staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in social services, psychology or related field.
· Minimum 4 years’ social service program management experience ideally in an employment/training setting and/or working with seniors.
· Excellent communication (oral and writing) and interpersonal skills.
· Must be adept at developing rapport, interacting effectively, and when necessary, resolving conflicts with diverse personnel.
· Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· Superior problem-solving and organizational skills along with high attention to detail and consistent reliable follow- through.
· Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines and achieve performance metrics.
· Energetic, adaptable team player who can work collaboratively as well independently.
· Must have access to insured reliable vehicle to travel within region. Occasional outstate and overnight travel required.
Teaching positions at the Mensch Lab (part-time)
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an innovative exciting educational venture in Jewish life? The religious school at Old York Road Temple-Beth Am in Abington is newly dubbed the Mensch Lab. We at the Mensch Lab are looking for some fantastic, creative and energetic teachers to join our experienced team. Help our children explore the Jewish selves they are becoming. Positions are available for Sunday mornings as well as Sunday mornings and Tuesday afternoons. If you’re interested please contact Rabbi Shoshanah Tornberg the OYRTBA Rabbi Educator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities Assistant at High Swartz (part-time)
High Swartz is seeking a Facilities Assistant to work part-time, Monday through Friday, from 10am-3pm. This individual will be responsible for the following:
•Ordering and maintaining office and kitchen supplies
•Covering the reception desk for breaks and days off
•Handling the pulling, boxing, indexing, scanning and transfer of closed files
•Scanning and copying
•Tidying conference rooms after meetings
•Setting up conference rooms for meetings
•Ordering, laying out and cleaning up firm luncheons
•Tidying the kitchen
•Assisting the Executive Director with firm events
•Occasional trips to the bank and other errands as needed
•Working with various trades to schedule building maintenance and repairs
•Working with vendors to schedule office equipment repairs
Office experience preferred. Individuals must be physically and mentally energetic and motivated to work hard. Qualified candidates will have a professional demeanor and appearance, be skilled in Microsoft Office, be comfortable using the internet. The individual must also have their own vehicle, as some driving for errands is required.
Interested parties should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.